This course will provide a solid foundation of investigation skills and techniques for the detective or officer conducting investigations. Guidelines and skills needed to investigate a variety of crimes will be taught including burglary, theft, fraud, homicide, suicide and suspicious deaths, vice and narcotic crimes, assaults, sex crimes, crimes against children and the elderly. Experienced instructors will train in the classroom then students will participate in a mock crime scene with role players to practice new skills. This method provides officers the opportunity to practice techniques with guidance and gain a solid understanding of a thorough and complete investigation.
This 2 day course will cover the following topics:
- The Investigator’s Responsibilities
- Goals and Objectives of a Successful Investigation
- Case management strategies & organization
- Search and seizure issues
- Surveillance techniques
- Informant management
- How to prepare and document a proper investigative report
- Key elements of crime scene photography
- Interview and interrogation techniques
- Components of and writing Search Warrants
- Courtroom testimony
- Crime Scene Processing and Management which is vital to solving criminal offenses (including protecting and recording crime scene, rules and methods of collection and preservation of evidence including lifting latent prints, types of evidence and use of forensic kit elements)
Register at www.truesecuritydesign.com
or Register by e-mail: email@example.com
Send class choice & department contact info
Discounts: 10% for multiple officers and $50 off for officers investing in their own training
Pangaro Training, part of the True Security Design family, is now a subsidiary of IP Video.
All purchase orders and payments are to be made out to IP Video.