Motorcycle Crash Investigation (FULL)
April 8 @ 8:00 am - April 12 @ 4:00 pm| Free
This course is designed for experienced traffic crash investigators who have a good working knowledge of the techniques and applications of formulas taught in basic crash investigation courses and who wish to build upon that foundation with more advanced mathematical formulas used to analyze motorcycle crashes.
You will be given a manual of applicable information to use as a motorcycle reference book.
- Analyzing and interpreting the motorcycle crash scene
- Determining acceleration and deceleration characteristics of the motorcycle
- Analyzing and interpreting modes of instability and handling characteristics in motorcycles
- Interpreting the operator factor
- Reviewing motorcycle tires, helmets and other equipment
- Using a practical application of formulas (projects)
You must have completed, at a minimum, IPTM’s At-Scene Traffic Crash/Traffic Homicide Investigation course or its equivalent.
What to Bring
- Scientific calculator
- Traffic template/Engineering ruler (with a scale of at least 1:120, 1:240)
- Flash drive (2GB or higher)
IPTM’s Investigation of Motorcycle Crashes course is eligible for 40 ACTAR CEUs.