This is a remote course only.
The incidents of ACTIVE SHOOTERS have increased nationwide.
This program works with students to prepare their officers for an Active Shooter Incident. During the course the instructors will review the NEWEST Tactical Response Protocols and Guidelines and teach how to implement these lessons to your officers. The course teaches how to run a drill from planning meetings including stakeholders to running the drill and how to include and prepare the community. The course will have a walk through drill segment so every student can learn the newest protocols for drills and how to prepare their officers.
The jam-packed day will also include:
- Complying with Federal and State Standards for Active Shooter Drills
- Evaluating your policies and updating them as necessary
- Documenting the drill lesson plans and student attendance
- Evaluating your drills and making improvements
- Coordinating with schools and different agencies
- Choosing drill location and scenarios
- Implementing various levels of drills including coordinating with other emergency agencies
- Active shooter drills & special needs community- how to prepare, what to expect, and how to respond
- Newest equipment and software to better respond to an active shooter event
- Review of emergency notifications systems including how to use radio systems from neighboring towns
A segment will focus on school security to include evaluating school security, working with school administration and addressing their concerns, and developing plans for security updates. Every student will receive an Active Shooter Drill PowerPoint to use at their agencies.
To register: Click here